You have bought your first CarryMe compact folding bike and you’re itching to use it. Our staff have put together a fully assembled bike for you and you’re wheeling it out of the store to head back home. Or perhaps your loved one got you the commuter bike as a long-anticipated birthday gift.
However, there’s a million-dollar question on your mind:
How do I unfold and fold my CarryMe bike? Where do I even begin?
If you are new to folding bikes in general, don’t let the various contraptions intimidate you. In this step-by-step guide, we will show you how to correctly unfold and fold your CarryMe micro bike. Truly, everyone - no matter young or old - can learn to master it in a couple of minutes.
Unfold your commuter bike in just 5 steps
1) Unfold the handlebars
Before you start, ensure your commuter bike is standing vertically on its rear and trolley wheels. This will give you a stable base to smoothly unfold the CarryMe folding bike without worrying about it toppling over.
Pull the front lever up to release the tension on the front bike stem. Turn it in an anti-clockwise direction. You should feel the lever loosening up.
A rule of thumb: you can tighten all levers or screws on the CarryMe compact folding bike by turning them in a clockwise (right) direction. Loosen them by turning in an anti-clockwise (left) manner.
Now, fully extend the front bike stem by pulling the handlebars upwards.
At the same time, push the handlebars away from the middle of the bike. Check that the handlebars fully extend outwards to form a straight line.
Close the lever and turn right to tighten it.
2) Release the seat tube
Locate the seat clamp at the side of your commuter bike’s seat tube. Release the seat clamp and pull the seat post upwards to partially detach the saddle.
With one hand on the handlebars, use your other hand to swing the seat tube backwards by the saddle until you hear a ‘click’. This indicates that your seat post is secured to the bike frame.
Turn and align your saddle with the main bike frame. When you’re done, lock the seat clamp to secure the position of the saddle.
3) Slide the front head tube open
Find and open the spring latch behind the front wheel.
Release the front head tube from the latch and slide it towards the bottom of the head tube in one swift motion.
When the bike is fully unfolded, use your fingers to tighten the head tube clamp (which is located near the side of the front wheel).
This is an important step as it prevents the main bike frame from jerking upwards when you are riding it.
4) Unfold the bike pedals
Grab the folded pedal with one hand and pull it upwards until it snaps open. Repeat for the other pedal. Be careful to not snag your fingers in the gaps as you’re doing it.
5) Adjust your handlebars and seats to your preference
Check that your handlebars are properly aligned to the front wheel. As a guide, your front wheel should be parallel to your main compact bike frame. On the other hand, the handlebars should be perpendicular to the frame.
Release the seat clamp and align your seat so the narrow end is directly front-facing. To maximise your riding comfort, remember to also adjust the seat height to your personal preference.
NOTE: Do not raise the seat higher than the minimum insertion mark engraved at the side of the seat post.How to fold your commuter bike (Step-by-step)
- Loosen the head tube clamp by turning it anti-clockwise.
- With one hand on the seat post and the other on the handlebars, push them away from one another.
- Position the bike so that the rear and trolley wheels are standing upright on the ground.
- Ensure that the head tube firmly attaches into the frame with a ‘click’.
- Press on the latch located behind the seat post to release the it from the main bike frame.
- Pull the seat post towards the handlebar. Release the seat clamp and turn the saddle to face sideways before lowering it down.
- Ensure the latch below the saddle is secured well to the folded bike frame.
- Pull up the front lever and turn it anti-clockwise to release the tension. Lower the bike stem while folding the handlebars inwards. Lock the lever.
- Fold the pedals.
Congratulations! You now have a folded CarryMe compact folding bike to accompany you wherever you go.